Tofino Sightseeing Tour (2-Days)
The Tofino tours are small, personal tours that provide everybody with the opportunity to discover the natural beauty of Vancouver Island's West Coast, the abundance of marine life, and the rich culture of the First Nations people in the Tofino area. Come explore this amazing part of BC with us as it is one of our favourite destinations in Canada!
There are so many highlights on this tour including: the ferry through the Gulf Islands, Coombs market (where the goats live on the roof!), Little Qualicum Falls, Cathedral Grove with the ancient giant cedar trees, the Wild Pacific trail, Long Beach, the town of Tofino, and the countless hiking trails. This tour also gives you the chance to go on a whale watching tour, learn to surf, go kayaking, or do other amazing activities!
|Shoulder season (March-May & October 2013)||Student / Youth||Adult|
|High season (June-September 2013)||Student / Youth||Adult|
All prices include 5% GST and are subject to change.
A surcharge of $10 will be applied if you are paying by credit card.
- 1 night waterfront hotel accommodation
- Round trip ferry transportation through the beautiful Gulf Islands
- Round trip bus transportation from downtown Vancouver
- Sightseeing tours through some of most stunning scenery on Vancouver Island with a very knowledgeable and fun tour guide
- Discounts for optional activities such as surfing, whale watching, kayaking, and many more!
- Beach bonfire and marshmallow roast (weather, fire restrictions & season permitted)
- All taxes
Tour Departure Dates
|June||1 (Ripcurl Surf Competition), 8, 22, 29|
|July||6, 13, 20, 27|
|August||10, 17, 24|
|September||7, 14, 28|
- 7:00am Arrive at Canada Place
- Depart Vancouver at 7:15 am sharp. Please note due to ferry times, the bus will not wait for late guests
- Ferry ride through the Strait of Georgia to Nanaimo
- Visit Coombs - your camera is a must item on a trip to Coombs, as on a good day, visitors might get a picture of the goats on the roof.
- Hike around Little Qualicum Falls - straddles the scenic Little Qualicum River, west of Parksville, where impressive waterfalls cascade and plummet down a rocky gorge in a beautiful forest setting
- Visit Cathedral Grove and gaze upon the ancient giant cedar trees
- Drive through Pacific Rim National Park
- Check in to your beach front hotel and free time to spend as you like
- Dinner and beach bonfire (roasted marshmallows and s'mores for dessert! - weather and fire restrictions permitting)
- Visit Long Beach, a surfer's paradise
- Explore the fishing village town of Tofino
- Participate in an activity for which Tofino is famous such as surfing, whale watching, bear watching or kayaking
- Depart Tofino in the afternoon for Vancouver
- Arrive in Vancouver at approximately 10:00pm
1. OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES
Optional activities should be booked for and paid in advance. We can not guarantee availability if you wait to book the day of the tour and the price of activities will increase if you do not order and pay in advance. Guests will have to choose between Surfing and Whale Watching as both activities take place at the same time.
2. ITEMS TO BRING
- Rain jacket, umbrella and rubber boots (you are going to a rainforest!)
- Bathing suit and towel
- Medical insurance card. If you require insurance, you can purchase this through our office. Please call our office at: 604-689-8128 for more information on this.
ACTIVITY & ATTRACTION OPTIONS
We offer a variety of exciting activity and attraction options at discounted rates. Please refer to our reservation system at the time of booking for up to date prices of all activities and attractions.
There’s nothing like catching your first wave, and once you stand up for the first time you’ll know the feeling; it’s pure stoke and smiles, and you’re instantly hooked. Come on out and learn to surf on the beautiful sandy beaches of Tofino. With over 100(!) combined years of teaching experience over 13 years, our surf school has the skills and technique to take you from beginner to surfer in a safe and supportive environment.
Novice paddlers can take in a guided sea kayak tour of Tofino Inlet’s calm waters, or even an excursion to Meares Island with a walking tour of its Big Tree Trail. Along the way, seasoned guides will share their knowledge of the ecology and natural history of the region while you discover the beauty and biological diversity of this wondrous place.
Board a whale watching tour in Tofino to enjoy some of the most spectacular scenery in the world! Because much of this coast is uninhabited and accessible only by boat or floatplane……it remains a pristine wilderness. This rich and nutrient filled ocean is filled with a variety of marine wildlife including many different species of whales as well as harbour seals and sealions, sea otters, porpoises and a myriad of birdlife including puffins, blue herons and bald eagles.
Clayoquot Sound offers the most incredible coastline for viewing black bears. These adventure tours cruise through the protected and calm waters surrounding scenic Meares Island. The resident bears come down to the beaches at low tide to forage for such beach delicacies as rock crab, starfish and even a bit of kelp. They are an absolute pleasure to watch from the boat and thanks to their poor eyesight they are usually unaware of our presence so long as we keep quiet and a respectable distance up wind. You will also have grand opportunities on this tour to view an eagle aerie, harbour porpoises, seals, river otters, blue herons and other species of wildlife!
From Tofino you can take a 10 minute boat cruise to the Big Tree trailhead on Meares Island. The trail begins as a boardwalk leading you past many features of special interest to the Hanging Garden Tree which has a circumference of 18.3 meters and a height of 42.7 meters! The board walk is 620 meters in length and takes approximately 1.5 hours return to enjoy.
Coastal Hotsprings Explorer Tour
Whales, Bears & Hot springs are all possible n one amazing tour! Hot Springs Cove is an exciting 6 hour adventure where it’s possible to find wildlife including whales, black bears, seals, sea lions, puffins, sea otters, bald eagles (aerie too!) and over 20 miles of gorgeous coastline and beaches. Once in Hot Springs Cove you will follow the historic cedar boardwalk through an enchanting rainforest (1.5 km). At the end of this incredible walk lies a succession of natural geothermal hot spring pools, a cascading waterfall and a stunning view of the mighty pacific ocean – an amazing daytrip for all ages!
Please note that we can not guarantee availability for certain options if you do not book in advance and the price of the options will increase slightly if you wait to purchase it on tour. Save money and guarantee availability by booking the options at the same time as booking the tour.
If you require insurance, you can purchase this at our office. Please call us at 604-689-8128 or 1-855-689-8128 for more information.
The route below is for illustration purposes only. Actual travel routes are subject to change and may vary due to road and weather conditions.
This tour departs from Canada Place, between the East and West Convention Cente in downtown Vancouver. The departure location is conveniently located next to the Waterfront Skytrain station and close to many downtown hotels. Please arrive at the departure location 15 minutes prior to the departure time of your tour.